THE BREATHING COURSE
The Science of Breathing
- The science of breath control consists of a series of exercises intended to keep the body in vibrant health.
Breathing Is Important For Two Basic Reasons.
- It is the only means of supplying our bodies and its various organs with oxygen, which is vital for health.
- Breathing is one of the ways to rid the body of waste products and toxins.
Why Oxygen is so vital?
- Oxygen is the most vital nutrient in our body.
- It is essential for the proper and efficient functioning of the brain, nerves, glands and other internal organs.
- We can survive without food for weeks and without water for days, but without oxygen we will die within a few minutes.
- If the brain does not get a proper supply of this essential nutrient, it will cause degradation of all the vital organs of the body.
- The brain requires more oxygen than any other organ. If it doesn't get enough, the result is mental sluggishness, negative thoughts, depression and, eventually, vision and hearing declines. Oxygen supply in our body, however, declines as we get older and if we live a poor lifestyle.
Importance of Healthy Breathing
We know how to breathe. It is something that occurs automatically, spontaneously, and naturally. We are breathing even when we are not aware of it. So it seems foolish to think that one can be told how to breathe. Yet, one's breathing becomes modified and restricted in various ways, not just momentarily but habitually. We develop unhealthy habits without being aware of them.
The importance of correct breathing.
Introduce and run through yoga postures to warm up and prepare the breathing muscles.
Introduction and practice of 8 to 10 breathing exercises.
Finish off with a meditation.