Introduction to the Physical aspects of SELF-DEFENCE
Nippon Kempo is essentially a sport. However, given that it is one of the most effective and safest methods to learn and practise unarmed combat, its techniques and methods lend themselves well to self defence training.
This course is aimed at people who want to develop some combat proficiency but are not able to make the full commitment required to take up Nippon Kempo or martial arts training in earnest.
The course covers a brief introduction to the following:
- Preparation: to avoid injury and maximise benefits from training.
- Fitness: its importance, getting and staying fit.
- Breathing: how to breathe correctly for maximum efficiency.
- Eyes: how to use them for maximum observation and reflex.
- Balance: how to use your feet effectively.
- Stance: correct poise for maximum defence.
- Kicks: dynamics of kicking.
- Strike: the dynamics and art of punching.
- Holds: how to escape from holds and grabs.
- Breakfalls: surviving being thrown.
The core of the module is drilling. While the Induction gives you a summary insight into self-defence, the Practice modules are where you are able to develop efficiency in practically applying the techniques introduced.
Saturday 26th March 2016
Saturday 30th April 2016
1 to 2:30 pm
Holy Trinity Parish Church Hall
Wavertree Church Road,
Liverpool L15 9EE
To book a place: